How can I generate reports using the Map Search?
You can use the Map Search on the home page to generate custom reports for areas not defined by a suburb boundary. It's easy. See below for more information.
Start your Search
- Select the Search Menu to return to the home page
- Scroll down to Map Search
- Move the map display to your desired area by using the pan tool to move the map, or by typing the suburb into the search bar
- From the Map Tools select the orange rectangle
- Start drawing the desired search area by clicking onto the map to create the first pin (click once and release)
- As you move your mouse across the map the area will expand. Click to add extra points on the map to define the area further (click once and release)
- Repeat until the desired search area is outlined
- To complete the shape double click your mouse at the last point.
If at any point you make an error, you can remove the area by double clicking to finish the drawing and selecting the Bin Icon to start again
- Once the search area is complete select the desired Report Type
- Select Search
Refine your Search
- A refine search option will appear to include any additional search criteria. The options will vary depending on the report selected. Refine as required
- Select Search at the bottom of the page
A list of search results will appear beneath the Map Overview
Print your Search
- In the top right corner of the page the Print Page & Export Options button will allow you to print the report as a PDF or Excel spreadsheet
Tips: If you find yourself using the Map Search frequently, consider the option to create and save a patch area to use for multiple searches. See Set up My Patches for more information